Please consider the environment before printing this newsletter.
The 4th Hole
It is the middle of winter and if you look at these pictures you wouldn't think that! This month we would like to tell you more about the 4th Hole. When taking on this hole you need to keep the following in mind:
- It is a 505 meter, Par 5.
- The direction of this hole may be deceiving so don't be afraid to aim well left of the bunker as the fairway opens up. Be careful with your next shot selection as the river is wider than you think and the fairway narrows as you get closer to the green.
- Stroke: Men 13 and Ladies 11
Maybe these tips will help you to get that long-awaited Eagle on this hole!
There is a free app for smartphones called SAGA Golf that you can download and enter your scores on your phone. To find out more, go to their website: www.saga.co.za.
|Castle Lite Handicap Challenge |
Join us for the Castle Lite Handicap Challenge on Wednesday, 11th of July. Beat your handicap and win a case of Castle Lite! The winner each day wins a Castle Lite Golf Bag OR Cooler Box OR prize voucher to the value of R1, 000.00. You must be present at prize giving to collect your prize. R40 comp fee and normal greenfees apply. Call the golf shop to enter on (012) 654-2111.
Great news! As the new season for the 2012/2013 Company Challenge starts today (11th July), we also have a brand new sponsor on board. From now on the event will be called the TaylorMade Company Challenge. This is a great opportunity for your company to do some networking with other companies or to entertain clients while you are enjoying a game of golf. Each month we will have a theme, prize giving and dinner afterwards. To find out more or to sign up, you can contact Joanita on (012) 660-3640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Club Champs
Our Winter Club Champs are taking place on Sunday, 29th of July. Entry fee is R220.00 pp including green fees, light lunch and prizes. If you would like to enter, you can call the Golf Shop on (012) 654-2111.
This week on the menu for our Sunday Lunch buffet in Baldovino’s is:
| ||Starters |
Chicken liver pate with bruschettas, bacon avo and mozzarella salad, spicy pepper poppers, focaccia topped with cherry tomatoes and feta.
Roast leg of lamb with a sherry sauce, sweet and sour roasted chicken, rice, crisp potato wedges, cream spinach, roast butternut.
Banana and macadamia bread with cream, ice-cream and chocolate sauce and chocolate brownies.
All of this for only R130.00 p.p. and children under-12 are half price. To book your seat you can call Samantha on (012) 654-2111 or e-mail email@example.com.
|BP Carwash Discount |
BP Clubview is offering Zwartkop members, golfers and homeowners R10.00 discount on any carwash.
They are situated at 28 Lyttelton Road, Clubview - only 1km away from us.
Just present the voucher, which you can collect from the Golf Shop, Hair Salon or Baldovino’s.
VIP Manny Davids
• Congratulations to our VIP of the Week, Manny Davids
• Saturday’s Pizza Special has been extended to lunchtime! You get 25% OFF pizza’s between 12pm & 2pm and again between 5pm & 7pm!
• Fire Wood is now on Sale – R10 a bag available from the golf shop.
• The gym is open from 6am to 8pm seven days a week. For a small membership fee, you can have the body you always wanted. Call reception to get more information on (012) 654-1144
What is the weather up to this week? Click here to view a 7-day weather forecast at Zwartkop.
Upcoming Events for Our Members
- Wednesday, 11th July – Taylormade Company Challenge: The first event of the new season! Get out of the office and do some networking with other companies. Prize-giving and dinner afterwards. For more details, contact Joanita on (012) 660-3640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thursday, 12th July – Meat Day: Win a meat hamper as first prize, also up for grabs is a R500 meal voucher from the Cattle Baron. Look out for a new addition to the Meat Days – one in every four events we will be giving away Venison!
- Saturday, 14th July – River Runs Through: It is almost that time of the year again where Zwartkop play against Irene and Centurion. If you would like to take part in this event, you are welcome to e-mail Chris Delport at email@example.com for more information.
Click here to view a full list of events.
| ||Cloud9 VIP Club Card - Did you know that you can enjoy exclusive access and unique VIP benefits for an annual membership fee of R200? |
Click Here for more details and to apply for your VIP Club card today.
|Be the first one to know what is happening at the club! |
Join our new Zwartkop Country Club Facebook group to keep you up to date with the latest developments.
Click here and like us!
news from the Golf Shop
The Bulls went down to the Sharks and the Stormers snuck past the Cheetahs. This week sees the Bulls up against the Lions and then it's into the business end of the Super 15. Let's have a couple of predictions. Please click here with the winning team and all the correct entries will go into a draw to WIN a TaylorMade cart bag.
This Wednesday is the start of the new Company Challenge sponsored by TaylorMade. If you have a small, medium or large business and would like to have some fun and network at the same time once a month, then this is not to be missed. If you are interested and would like further details please click here to contact me and I will get back to you.
If you are on Facebook and have still not "liked" our page, please log on and do so. This way you will always stay up to date with what is happening at the club and any specials we have on offer in the shop. Please click here to go to our Facebook page.
Would you like to get the new Ahead Zwartkop Logo jacket? Make sure you pop into the shop as we have limited numbers available. Cleveland are also offering a FREE stand bag or cart bag to the value of R1500 with a purchase of a new set of Cleveland CG16 irons. To read more about these, please click here.
Until next time, keep it on the fairways,
Ian, Adam, Paul, Shaun & Joseph
Watch SuperGolf on Supersport on Wednesday at 19h30, brought to you by Telkom Business.
News from the Gym
Why the Best Time to Exercise is Winter
The temptation to rather stay under the covers and drink some hot chocolate, eat all the yummy treats and park off on the couch rather than exercise when it is cold, can lead to not only picking up unwanted weight, but slowing down physically can have unwanted psychological effects, namely Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), or as most of us know it, The Winter Blues. So just because it's cold outside, it does not make it open season for excuses not to exercise.
|Regular exercise in the winter helps to keep away the winter bugs as it helps to build up your immune system. Also, exercise releases all those feel good hormones, Endorphins and Serotonins. Your body can use this boost to not only make you feel better, but to help you fight fatigue and mental dullness. |
One of the best reasons to exercise in winter is that when it is cold your body burns more kilojoules to keep warm AND if you include exercise, you will burn extra kilojoules making it more effective than it would be to exercise in summer!
So, no more excuses! Get out there and be active. Get a friend to join you at our ZCC gym, join a group class or get yourself a personal trainer for some extra motivation.
Next Week – Why Walking the Course can Improve your Golf Game